Millet puffs just arrived in the shop, and people have been asking what to do with them. Other than using them like rice puffs as a breakfast cereal, you could also make these amazing looking Power puffs with all the ingredients sourced from the co-op!
(recipe from http://katyskitchen.ca/choco-nut-puffed-millet-squares/ with adaptations for co-op ingredients)
- 3 cups puffed millet
- ¼ cup plus 2 TB coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- Line a square pan with alfoil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside. Pour puffed millet into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder. Heat over medium, stirring continuously. When it starts to boil, remove from heat.
- Pour liquid ingredients over puffed millet and stir with a spatula.
- Pour into pan and press down with a spatula. Take a piece of baking paper and spread over top. Press down hard with your hands or a hard object (like the side of a glass).
- Chill for at least 2 hours, uncovered, before cutting into squares. Bars should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
You could try adding extra treats from the co-op too, like nuts or dried fruit.