LIME AND COCONUT ENERGY BITES
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
- zest and juice from 3 limes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Add the almonds and cashews to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped (but do not pulse too long, you do not want the nuts to turn into a paste).
- Add the dates, lime juice and zest. Pulse until the dates are finely chopped and the mixture starts to clump.
- Shape the mixture into 4cm balls and roll in coconut to coat the outside.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Grateful thanks for the recipe and the photo to Ashley at http://www.spoonfulofflavor.com/2014/01/27/key-lime-coconut-energy-bites/