PUMPKIN AND PEPITA BITES
- 1 packed cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree/mash
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Combine the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia (or flax) seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the oats, coconut flakes and pepitas. Mix until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
When the mixture has cooled and become stiff enough to work with easily, shape it into your desired size of energy balls. Alternately, you can line a small baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, and then cut into bars.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for about 3 months.
Thank yous for the recipe and picture go to Ali at